Hello folks, I’ve been graciously nominated for the Liebster Award by mummyshymz! I love that this award is only for the little guys with less than 200 followers. It took me a while to figure out who I follow that’s eligible for the award. Turns out I had 25 blogs to choose from to nominate.
The rules for the award:
- The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I took ballet as a little girl.
- I haven’t cut my hair in over 2 years!!
- One winter I heated our home solely from firewood my husband cut in the spring and summer.
- I plan on homeschooling little man.
- My favorite book as a kid was Scuffy the Tugboat
- I always hand write thank you notes for presents. Always!
- When I was little and slept on a bunk bed with my sister, we had an earthquake and she told me to stop shaking the bed.
- I’ve been on a cruise to Alaska.
- In high school I was in every school band except Jazz band. I played the flute, drums (not drum set), and other percussion equipment.
- I grew up taking after my dad’s side of the family but now that I have little man, I notice more similarities to my mom every day.
- I’m 3.5 pounds away from having lost 100 pounds since little man was born.
My Answers to the 11 Questions Presented to Me:
- Why do you blog?
I blog to connect with other people and share fantastic recipes to the world. I love creating my own online searchable cookbook.
- Pet peeve?
People trying to carry on a conversation with someone while on the phone trying to carry on a conversation with someone else. Pick ONE conversation and have it.
- Name your best childhood memory
Spending time on my grandparents boat “The Wonder”
- What is your comfort food?
Carbs, and whatever it’s attached to. (Pasta, bread, cookies, …)
- Dogs or Cats?
I like dogs way better than cats.
- Name one item you cannot do without.
My phone! It keeps me in touch with family and takes pictures and videos of little man so they can see him too.
- Biggest fear?
My biggest fear is falling. Followed closely by cockroaches and spiders and bugs in general.
- Mountains or the sea?
I can’t decide! Can’t I have both? I love the ocean and the green forested mountains.
- Half-empty or half-full?
The glass is half-full certainly. It’s great to see the potential in things and people.
- Live to eat or eat to live?
I eat to live rather than live to eat. I love good food but everything in moderation!
- Favourite fictional character?
The Doctor (from Dr. Who)
My 11 Nominees:
- The Schoolhouse
- Forcing the Bloom
- Misty Morning Prints
- Tuesday Night Boyfriend
- Skinny Jeans Baked Beans
- Rubber Ducky Copywriter
- The Coers Family
- Homemaking with Heart
- At the Well
- Lucky Wreck
My 11 Questions to the Nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite recipe/food?
- What is your favorite animal?
- When are you online reading blogs?
- What is the best advice you ever received?
- When was the last time you sent a hand written letter?
- What was the last book you read?
- What is your greatest talent?
- Who is your favorite family member?
- When was the last time you went to a public library?
- Where to you get cards you send to people? (regular store, dollar store, make them, or e-mail them)
Thank you again to mummyshymz for nominating me for this award. I had lots of fun answering the questions, thinking up random thoughts, finding out who I follow that is little like me, and figuring out questions to ask the next bunch of award winners.