Lots of recipes call for bread crumbs but we don’t always have them on hand. What I’ve done is to make up a batch of bread crumbs in the food processor, then put them in a container and store them in the freezer. Now I’ve got bread crumbs ready when I need them. This saves lots of time when I come across a recipe that calls for bread crumbs.
3 C Pasta (pick a fun shape and aim for 4 oz.)
1/2 C Breadcrumbs
1 Tbs butter, melted
1/4 C Butter
1 C Celery, chopped
1 Tbs Dried minced onion (1/4 C chopped onion)
1/4 C Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 C Milk
2 – 5oz. Cans tuna, drained
1 C Cheddar Cheese, cubed (aim for 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pot (3qt.), cook celery and onion in 1/4 C butter. Add flour, salt & pepper.
- Add milk. Stir and cook until bubbly.
- Add pasta, tuna, and cheese. Stir to combine and until cheese is melted.
- Put the pasta mixture into a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and 1 Tbs melted butter together and sprinkle over the top of the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it gets a nice golden brown color.
If you like my tuna casserole, you’ll love my other recipes!
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Chicken breasts, filleted and pounded thin (makes 4 thin breasts)
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbs dried minced onion
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Place the egg in a separate shallow dish. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with the bread crumb mixture. Fry in the hot oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
2. Remove the chicken to a platter and keep warm. Add onion and cream of mushroom to the skillet and cook until lightly browned. Pour in stock. Simmer for about 20 minutes, you want this to reduce a bit. Stir together the cornstarch and sour cream then stir it into the skillet. Cook over low heat until thickened but do not boil. Spoon over the chicken and serve immediately.