Almond and White Chocolate Shortbread Snowflakes
Makes 15 cookies
1C butter, softened to room temperature
1/2C granulated sugar
1Tbsp almond extract
2 1/2C of all-purpose flour
4 – 8 oz white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Mix in extract and flour.
4. With a rolling pin, on a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to approximately 3/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with floured snowflake cookie cutter.
6. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on top.
8. Remove cookies from cookie sheet; cool.
1. Melt white chocolate in double boiler
2. Spread melted white chocolate on cookies
3. Place on waxed paper to dry.
4. Sprinkle cookies with coarse sugar and/or sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet to add sparkle.