I made this delicious pizza for dinner tonight. I make it all from scratch and it’s pretty easy. You can make so many varieties of this based on what you have on hand. This particular version included mozzarella slices, Parmesan cheese, Canadian bacon, salami, and sopressata.
1 1/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/4 All Purpose Flour (plus more for dusting and as needed)
2 1/4 tsp (1 package) Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
1 C Warm Water
2 Tbs Olive Oil
Cornmeal (for dusting the baking sheet)
Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, yeast, and salt. Stir to combine. Then add water and oil. Use a danish dough whisk to mix well. Add in all purpose flour and incorporate as much as possible.
- Take dough and place on a floured surface. Knead the dough and add up to 1/2 C more flour if needed. Knead dough for at least 5 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Divide dough in half. Cover the dough and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the sauce. In a medium sized bowl, mix together tomato sauce, oregano, basil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Once the dough has rested, roll out into two pizza crusts. Dust a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place pizza crusts onto baking sheet. Prick each crust all over with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take crusts out of the oven and add your sauce and toppings. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
If you like my homemade pizza, you’ll love my other recipes!