Hello friends! I’ve graciously been awarded the Liebster Award by Marsha. Check out her original post here. It took me awhile to finish this post as life decided to keep on happening. Anyway, to my nominees seen below, you are not obligated to pass on the award but I do want to pass your name (and blog link) along to my followers because I think you’re great! So congrats to Marsha, congrats to me and congrats to my nominees!
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award
- Notify your nominees
- Ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the nomination
- Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated
- Link back to the person who nominated you
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I love to shop on Amazon.com.
- I like to work out to Keith Urban.
- Our “baby gate” is the portable crib zip tied to one side of the bottom of the stairs with a carabiner on the other side that we use to “open” it.
- We have some crazy thunder going on right now and I really hope it doesn’t wake up little man.
- I’m drinking Throat Coat Tea by Traditional Medicinals right now.
- I just jumped when the thunder hit this last time. I must have been right overhead!
- Chances are this post will be published a
few daysweek after I started writing it.
- Most of my current wardrobe was purchased at a thrift shop. I have a stunning made in USA dress that I got for 50 cents!
- I love eating Cheerios with sliced banana on top.
- I’ve been working on planning our meals in advance to try and use up all the food we have before the move.
- I’ve read over 800 books to little man for the 1KB4K program that started in January of this year.
My 11 Nominees:
- Motherhood Is An Art
- Mommy Training Wheels
- Kitchen Cici
- Radical Parenting
- Mathair Fiona
- Every Day in a Dress
- Not Without Butter
My 11 Questions to my Nominees:
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
- Do you have a small family or a big family?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your favorite food?
- How often do you cook in your house? Or does someone else cook for you (including take-out)?
- Where do you shop online? eBay, Amazon, JCPenny, Kohls, Walmart, Target, Office Depot…?
- Have you ever travelled to another country? If so, where?
- Do you take a vacation every year?
- Have you ever gone to a family reunion?
- What is something that you keep loosing? Keys, Money, Jewelry, Important Papers, The Wireless Mouse (thanks Little Man!)…?
- What would you like to see me blog about? A certain topic, a specific recipe, more pictures…?
My Answers to the 11 Questions I Was Asked:
- What’s the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
I’ve seen plenty of funny movies over the years. But for the life of me I can’t pick one that seems to rise above the rest.
- What’s your earliest memory?
My cousin told me that if I jumped hard enough off the back of the couch, I could fly. I guess I didn’t jump hard enough because I fell. My forehead met the corner of an ottoman or coffee table or something with a corner. I bloodied my aunt’s nice white towels and I still have a scar on my forehead from the stitches.
- What was your favorite subject in school?
I loved science classes (except Biology and Chemistry). So, I really loved Physics when I was younger. The college level wasn’t as fun though. Other than that, I always had fun in Band.
- Have you EVER had a need for algebra away from the school environment?
My math requirements end at the kitchen and the calendar. However, my husband uses it all the time. He needed it when he was working on his car or building his own electric motorscooter. Did I mention that I have an incredibly smart husband? Well, I do!
- Do you understand modern art (or even know if it’s hanging the right way up)?
I often wonder how someone gets paid a lot of money for what I would consider a sophisticated version of my son’s scribbles or a construction project gone wrong.
- Most enjoyable book?
The Ancient One. I keep wishing it were true. I read it years and years ago but I kept reading it over and over. It’s a young adult book and I swear they are referring to Crater Lake in Oregon, which I’ve always wanted to see.
- Have you ever spent money on something you’ve really wanted although you could hardly afford it at the time?
I’ve been fortunate enough to answer no to this question. We’ve always had enough for the things we’ve bought. Though I believe that’s because we make smart budget and financial decisions.
- Apart from when you were a child, have you ever danced in the rain?
Yes! After growing up in the NW where it rains 9 months out of the year and then moving to a desert, I certainly danced in the rain when it rained! I twirled in the rain really.
- What country would you like to visit that you haven’t?
France maybe, or Germany. I’d really just like to keep visiting Canada which I’ve done 3 times in my life.
- What makes you grumpy?
Lack of sleep!!!
- What’s your GO TO switch to make you feel better on a gray day?
I put lots of focus into something to keep my mind off the downer. I’ll read to little man, read a book, tidy up the house, or make an effort to look extra pretty. The extra pretty part is great because when I see my self in the mirror throughout the day, I smile, and that makes things better.