3 C Pasta (pick a fun shape and aim for 4 oz.)
1/2 C Breadcrumbs
1 Tbs butter, melted
1/4 C Butter
1 C Celery, chopped
1 Tbs Dried minced onion (1/4 C chopped onion)
1/4 C Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 C Milk
2 – 5oz. Cans tuna, drained
1 C Cheddar Cheese, cubed (aim for 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pot (3qt.), cook celery and onion in 1/4 C butter. Add flour, salt & pepper.
- Add milk. Stir and cook until bubbly.
- Add pasta, tuna, and cheese. Stir to combine and until cheese is melted.
- Put the pasta mixture into a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and 1 Tbs melted butter together and sprinkle over the top of the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it gets a nice golden brown color.
If you like my tuna casserole, you’ll love my other recipes!